catumatic

"education is not the filling of a pail. it is the lighting of a fire." william butler yeats

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

packet 2 - sophomore effort - sophomoric?

well, i turned in my packet last monday. my advisor said she;d read it last weekend and get it back to me asap. asap is apparently not yet... my anxiety about getting it back has gone on an interesting journey from terror to mild worry peppered with terror to nagging nameless fear. i am comforted by emailing with my advising group who also tell of getting bogged down in finding too many things to read and not being able to narrow it down. they haven't got their packets back either, so at least i know its not just me.

in working on packet 2 i know what i should do to improve my working/studying process... buti am not doing it. that may be the real battle. i make plan after plan of when i will get done with what, but then i end up reading something else and looking up some source cited in that and digging around online for articles and oh yeah looking at overheard in newyork and etc etc and then oh wow! my plan has failed! how did that happen? sigh. i'll stop bitching now.

on the plus side: the family i nanny for is going to the bahamas next and it works out that they need me to sub at the school where i worked last year. i'm really excited to hang out with younger kids again! (my middle school math stuents are cool... but there is more "okay guys, let's not talk about the exorcist" and less hugging.

- i saw the brochures for the resort in the bahamas where they are going - ridiculo! it's called atlantis. the giant brochure/booklet says:" there was a time when we still believed in magic and wonder.... that time is now. Once upon Our time... "so lame. so i know we don't know where atlantis "was," but shouldn't it be more towards the mediterranean. and, i don't think there was a "mayan" temple there with a giant water slide on it. it was not their idea to go there, (blame the grandparetns) so i didn't have to pretend to think it didn't look insanely cheezy.

another plus:
108 sun salutes this saturday to celebrate the equinox! this will be my fourth season doing this and it is very meditative and cool. anyone want to join me?? any one actually read this? (side note: is there a word that means equinoxes and soltices? i don't know how to refer to all four as a group.)

okay. enough. off to make chili, go to board meeting, then study... maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger cate said...

YEAH. I KNOW.

5:46 PM  
Blogger momo said...

When's the sun salutations??? Today? Tomorrow? "this season" is a little vague...
I'm about to go to some meditation yoga -
I just bought this awesome piece of art! It's called the magic nurse. ha! So now when I'm cracked out (and apparently drunk) around 1 or 2am on a weeknight, trying to get a stupid paper written, I just need to do some meditation towards my magic nurse and everything will be cured...maybe...damn I had a bad hang over after that night.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home