catumatic

"education is not the filling of a pail. it is the lighting of a fire." william butler yeats

Friday, September 29, 2006

subbin



so I've been a sub this week. it's been good, but hard. even with going over plans with teachers, and knowing the kids, there are still a million ways that any class works that are routine to them and unknown to me. so... i was wrong a lot. but the kids like knowing better than me and were mostly helpful.

things kids said to me this week:

are you trying to be a teacher? (5th grader)

you should be a teacher. (5th grader)

you sound like a boy. (Kindergartener)

you are weird. (K)

you a funny teacher. I like you. (K)

why you using that weird voice, girl? (K)

another story:

2 Ks were making many bears with a playdoh mold. they had a long dicussion of how many bears they would make and how they would be famous doing it. the number of bears kept going up and up. One kid said "and then, we'll have 200 bears, and then we'll be dads." his buddy said, "yeah, and hen we'll make more bears and then we'll be old. we will still be famous, we'll just have to go to the old famous people home house and make bears there."

is that funny?

i don't know anymore.

off to nap.

2 Comments:

Blogger momo said...

I happen to find that hilarious! Kids are so cute!

And yet, I was contemplating the idea of me having a blog and how unfunny it would be to everyone but me. For example, I was reading over doctors' notes for my patient last week, when in one note, the doc wrote "pt has no abdominal organs, gas, or pain" - no organs, eh? I kinda doubt that.

There's also this man nurse on the unit that really likes the attention of all us nubile nursing students. He told us this joke: there was a terrible car crash. the woman driving was thrown from the vehicle and died immediately. After the autopsy, the doc says "oh yeah, she was definitely a nurse." The attending asked, "how do you know?" The doc states, "well, her stomach is empty, her bladder is full, and her ass is chewed."

A ha ha ha.

I too, desperately need a nap.

My wit may have gone out the window with my sleep, age, and ambition...

10:12 PM  
Blogger momo said...

Did I mention how much your pic reminds me of Warhol/Monroe? Beutiful.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home