catumatic

"education is not the filling of a pail. it is the lighting of a fire." william butler yeats

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

fish! fish! fish!

I've followed Dara Moskowitz Grumdahl (former City Pages critic) to Minnesota Monthly, and was pleased to see how many of her selections for No-Guilt Fish (that aren't "nearly extinct and terrifyingly toxic" like the ones all over the news) are available just a block from my house at Coastal Seafoods.

Some of you may remember that I am not a big fish eater ... but, I'm a willow, and I just may bend in the direction of some local fishies.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julia Gulia said...

Excellent article. It was nice to read Dara again, and I discovered she has a blog! Yay!

9:26 AM  
Blogger rootbeerlady said...

For My Daughter by Ruth Brin

The children are playing
By the river in the snow
Down beside the water
Where the willows grow.
Like a willow is my daughter
Supple and straight
Like a willow by the water
When spring is late.
In all the wood and meadow
The only sign of spring
Is the willow turning yellow
With her welcoming.
Your joys root deep, my daughter.
Your sorrows shallow,
Learn from willows by the water --
Life is to hallow.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

great poem - thanks, mom!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home